Hootie Johnston, ABR®, SRES®
Vancouver's Top Exclusive Buyer Agent**
What is an exclusive buyer’s representative?
Defined most simply, a buyer’s representative (also buyer’s rep, or buyer’s agent) is an advocate for You, the buyer, — and not the seller—
in a real estate transaction. Real estate laws and regulations vary from region to region, but a buyer’s representatives owes a full fiduciary (legal) duties, including loyalty and confidentiality, exclusivly to their buyer- clients and work in their clients’ best interests throughout the entire transaction.
As someone who specializes helping buyers (10 years licenced in Vancouver), I am a buyer specialist and am not a junior "team" member assigned to "help" you buy while I learn the real estate business.
I specialize in the buying process and in YOUR buying needs. I have exstensive experience with professional relocations and first time buyers (but will still help any locals)
I am the agent that other agents send their Vancouver buyers to.
Over the years I have helped members of the RCMP, Canadian Armed forces, Doctors and other professionals relocate to Vancouver, as well as many FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS.
How does an Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) differ from other buyer’s representatives?
An ABR® is a buyer’s representative who has completed advanced training and who has proven experience in serving the special needs of buyer-clients. In addition to knowing the dynamics of the local market, an ABR®-designated buyer’s rep can help you make informed decisions throughout the entire home buying process. An ABR® is also a REALTOR® (a member of the NAR) and must abide by a strict code of ethics.
What services are provided by a buyer’s representative?
If you’ve established an agency relationship with a buyer’s representative, common services include:
- Helping you clarify your priorities.
- Suggesting sources of financing and other service professionals, such as inspectors and important professionals.
- Providing sources of accurate and lawful information on neighborhoods, schools, and communities.
- Selecting and arranging property showings and tours.
- Evaluating particular properties.
- Explaining forms and agreements.
- Suggesting contract contingencies to protect you, rather than the seller.
- Assisting in the negotiations for a favorable price and terms.
- Keeping all information confidential that could weaken your bargaining position.
- Monitoring the entire purchase process, assisting with issues that arise through closing.
If you're interested in real estate in Vancouver, let's talk. Whether you're buying, selling or just wondering what your options are, give me a call at 778.834.4668 or fill out my contact form and let's start the conversation.
If I can't help you, I'll refer you to someone who can.
If you just want to take a look at properties currently listed in Vancouver and around the Lower Mainland, use the Properties section and start surfing! And if you see something you like, let me know!
** just ask my mom